Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What are you up to now?

Kate Farley
Summer Research Program '08

Mentors: Primrose Boynton / Anne Pringle
Project: Dispersal of Yeasts in the Sarracenia purpurea metacommunity (abstract)
Hometown: Rye, NY
College and major: Harvard University, class of 2010, Environmental Science and Public Policy

What you miss most about the Summer Research program:
I miss living in such a beautiful natural environment and getting to learn about all the cool projects other REU students were working on.

What you miss least about the program:
Mosquitoes. Also, since I didn't have a car of my own, limited transportation.

What about the program has stuck with you:
A lot of the methods I learned about have been very useful, even after I graduated from college.

Did your Summer Research experience support or change your school/career plans?
I continued my summer work at school, but ended up going in a very different direction with my career plans.

What are you up to now?
I am a research assistant at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, a think tank based in Washington, DC. I focus on industrial and agricultural energy policy. I'm hoping to go to grad school for a MPP in another year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment