Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What are you up to now?

David Franklin
Summer Research Program '03

Mentor: David Orwig
Project: The effects of the hemlock woolly adelgid on throughfall N concentrations
Hometown: West Caldwell, NJ
College and major: Lehigh University, class of 2004, Earth and Environmental Science

What you miss most about the Summer Research program:
Being surrounded by so many talented, unique, and motivated individuals.

What you miss least about the program:
Giant Western Massachusetts mosquitoes.

What about the program has stuck with you:
The summer program was responsible for setting me down the path that would eventually lead me to a masters degree and teaching positions at local colleges and universities.

Have you stayed in touch with other Summer students?
Yes, it has been great having a network of students that I was at HF with. I have met up with a few, especially on long road trips across the country.

Did your Summer Research experience support or change your school/career plans?
My summer experience supported and motivated me in my academic career.

What are you up to now?
I am currently bouncing between teaching environmental science at the local community college and ecology the local university, depending on their needs in different semesters. I am also managing a small brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment